Re: gnu autoconf - Oracle dependency resolved

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Marcel Ruff wrote:

>jutils and xmlBlaster should not be dependend on
>a commercial package, i have removed the
>oracle dependency.
ok, I agree.

>Checkout
>   xmlBlaster/src/java/org/jutils/jdbc
>and try again.

I did a cvs -z 9 update
and got following error:

cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
`/opt/cvsroot/CVSROOT/Emptydir': Permission denied
cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
`/opt/cvsroot/CVSROOT/Emptydir'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

is it again something with my local checkout?

Ant workes well now, but automake/autoconf still needs the oracle stuff
which I just loaded down to check it out.

Thanks Cory, for the hint.

Well, it's working, except for 2 warnings about deprecated calls:
[...]
Making all in jdbc
make[5]: Entering directory
`/home/goetzger/tmp/xmlBlaster/src/java/org/jutils/jdbc'
Compiling ConnectionPool.java ...
Compiling JdbcTools.java ...
Compiling OracleSqlFactory.java ...
OracleSqlFactory.java:588: warning: org.jutils.jdbc.JdbcTools in
org.jutils.jdbc has been deprecated
         returnValue = JdbcTools.toDateField(fieldValue);
                       ^
OracleSqlFactory.java:754: warning: org.jutils.jdbc.JdbcTools in
org.jutils.jdbc has been deprecated
      returnValue = ORACLE_SPECIFIC_STRING_IDENTIFIER +
JdbcTools.toJDBCDate(date) + ORACLE_SPECIFIC_STRING_IDENTIFIER;
                                                        ^
2 warnings
Compiling PooledConnection.java ...
[...]
make[6]: Entering directory
`/home/goetzger/tmp/xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/util/servlet'
Compiling ReqBaseServlet.java ...
ReqBaseServlet.java:151: warning: org.xml.sax.Parser in org.xml.sax has
been deprecated
   static Parser createParser() throws XmlBlasterException
          ^
ReqBaseServlet.java:154: warning: org.xml.sax.Parser in org.xml.sax has
been deprecated
         return (Parser)Class.forName(DEFAULT_PARSER).newInstance();
                 ^
2 warnings
[...]

and the stuff Marcel announced earlier concerning the idl stuff.
[...]
make[7]: Entering directory
`/home/goetzger/tmp/xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/protocol/corba'
if /usr/bin/test ! -f xmlBlaster.idl.done ||  /usr/bin/test -n
"`/usr/bin/find . ( -name "*.idl" ) -newer "xmlBlaster.idl.done"`"; then \
    /usr/bin/idl -p org.xmlBlaster.protocol.corba -d
/home/goetzger/tmp/xmlBlaster/src/java xmlBlaster.idl; \
            if /usr/bin/test xmlBlaster.idl ; then \
                /bin/touch xmlBlaster.idl.done; \
            fi \
        fi
unknown option: -p