[xmlblaster-devel] C++ design question

Hi,

i plan to extend the C++ logging capability in xmlBlaster.

My approach would be to add a logging interface where
everybody can plugin its own logging implementation,
similar to Apaches logging API
  http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/api/index.html

I have found following C/C++ logging libs:

  http://log4cplus.sourceforge.net/ (Apache license, g++ 3.x, aCC, MSVC 6+7)
  http://log4cpp.sourceforge.net/ (LGPL)
  http://log4c.sourceforge.net/ (LGPL, C, HPUX, Linux, Solaris, no Windows yet)
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/logengine/  (GPL)
  http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/logdriver.asp

I tend to use log4cplus.

We could use our existing logger as the default implementation or
we could add log4cplus to our distribution and
automatically compile it as the standard logger.
In this case we would add the compilation to our ant cpptasks
(not using the delievered log4cplus configure/make/make install).
Additionally we need to check the support for Solaris CC.

Comments or experiences are welcome,