Re: [xmlblaster-devel] xmlBlaster resource exhaust

Hi,
my mistake: the sizes where hardcoded in the TestStress.c. We also did a fix on the serverside, so check out the code from svn. On TestStress you can now pass on the command line:

-queue/callback/maxEntries 1000000

and additionally in the xmlBlaster.properties:

persistence/msgUnitStore/maxEntries = 100000000

and that should do it.

Note also that since you have several different instances, the received messages will be more than what is expected (since the test is designed for one single instance).

Siddhartha S wrote:
Hi Michele,
 I tried a cache size as high as 500000. It did not
seem to make a difference. As I had mentioned before,
all publishers/subscribers work on the same topic(
each message about 2KB - changed the program ). I
tried increasing the per-topic cache to 100k messages
and also the maxBytesCache to 100M . It did not help.

Thanks,
Siddhartha S

--- Michele Laghi <laghi at swissinfo.org> wrote:

Hi Siddhartha,
I tried the same as you did and got an overflow in
the cache queue. I believe you got the same problem. The publishers are
faster than the subscribers.

So I suggest you increase the maximum size of your
queue:

for example:

queue/callback/maxEntriesCache = 50000
queue/callback/maxEntries =
${queue/callback/maxEntriesCache}

Regards
Michele

Siddhartha S wrote:

Hi,
   I am attetmpting to run the TestStress program
with 15 subscribers/publishers publishing to the

same

queue.
Many of the programs are exiting with the

following

error message:-
----------
Caught exception in publish #245 err
orCode=resource.exhaust,

message=[/home/sidharta/xmlBlaster/build.tmp/src/c/socket/XmlBlasterAccessUnparsed.c:406]

Waiting on response for 'publish()' with

requestId=248

timed out after blocking 60000 millis

----------
Each publisher attempts to publish 10000 messages.

The server is started as:-
java -server -Xms256M -Xmx512M -jar

lib/xmlBlaster.jar

What could be wrong here?
Thanks,
Siddhartha S

--
Michele Laghi
mailto:laghi at swissinfo.org
tel. +46 8 7492952 / mob. +46 70 4103964
http://edis.name

Michele Laghi
mailto:laghi at swissinfo.org
http://www.xmlBlaster.org