Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Get connection states of connected nodes...

Marcel,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcel Ruff" <mr at marcelruff.info>
To: <xmlblaster-devel at server.xmlBlaster.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 9:48 AM
Subject: Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Get connection states of connected nodes...

> Matthew Sargent wrote:
> >
> > I can see lots of info about the admin messages and such, but is it
possible for me to access these from my connected client programattically? I
would like to report to the user of my client the status of the remote node.
My client connects to the local xmlBlaster via an SSL connection, the telnet
port to the remote machine is not open. The only connection between my local
xmlBlaster and the remote one is via the SSL as well (for security purposes)

> Hmm, i'm not sure i understand you here.
> The "__cmd:" messages can't currently access everything what JMX can (as
> seen in jconsole).
> Probably adding a "__jmx:" prefix to do a JMX query over a
> xmlBlaster-message could resolve
> this.

That indeed might work, essentially, I am trying to report to the user of my
client application if the node containing the messages they seek to receive
is still up and running.

Say I have a two nodes, one named frodo and one named sam. Frodo and sam are
connected in a cluster where sam is the master of a domain named 'garden'.
My client connects to frodo and want to receive 'garden' messages. The
client is happily running and receiving garden messages. Then the messages
stop. Is it because there are none beign sent anymore or is it because frodo
is no longer connected to sam? I want my client to be able to go out and
periodically check if frodo is connected to sam. In the future, I would like
to be able to test if in my cluster, is the master of 'garden' reachable?
Right now, though knowing that frodo is connected to sam would be enough.

I can see that using JMX i can go out and look and see, but I would like my
client to be able to report it and be able to use the SSL connections I have
already setup and made secure...

Thanks again!

{