Re: [xmlblaster-devel] forcing authentication via ldap?

Brad Clements wrote:
I am trying to use ldap for client authentication, but I don't want the clients to have to specify ldap in security qos.

I see that Security.Client.DefaultPlugin exists, but is there Security.Server.DefaultPlugin too?

Or, do I just comment out all the Security.Server plugin's except ldap?

That didn't seem to work.

So I have only  this..

Security.Server.Plugin[ldap][1.0]=org.xmlBlaster.authentication.plugins.ldap.Mana
ger

and I have configured the ldap parameters in the properties file as well.

But still, I can login with any userid and password.
The client needs to send the specific SecurityQos markup as expected by the server plugin:

<securityService type="ldap" version="1.0">
  <user>joe</user>
  <passwd>secret</passwd>
</securityService>

what would you want to send instead?

You can probably try to force the ldap plugin as a server side default like this:

Security.Server.Plugin[htpasswd][1.0]=org.xmlBlaster.authentication.plugins.ldap.ClientPlugin

but i haven't tried it.
Hmm, we should change the plugin manager code to allow a nicer way
to change the default plugin...

Marcel