[xmlblaster-devel] how to diagnose subscriber that stops getting messages after a while?

Two days in a row, I find that newly published messages are not being
delivered to a subscriber (though, maybe all subscribers are affected, I
only noticed this one not getting messages)

The subscriber is connected, and every 15 seconds it publishes a
"heartbeat" message that is polled (using get) by nagios.

Well, nagios keeps seeing this heartbeat ok, and since the heartbeat
message is set to expire every 60 seconds, this suggests that the
subscriber's publish messages are getting to xml blaster.

So then, it seems that the subscriber's inbound queue is stuck or
something.

I have jconsole working, how can I check to see where the problem lies?

When I detect this condition, I have to restart xmlblaster immediately,
because we can't afford any downtime.

So, I'm looking for a "next time, check this and this" suggestion so I'll
have a plan of action when this occurs again.

also, this subscriber really has a low message rate, so I don't think it's
stopped responding to incoming messages. When I restart xmlblaster, the
subscriber automatically reconnects.. But to be sure if it's a subscriber
problem, where do I look in jconsole?

Thanks

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000