Re: [xmlblaster-devel] thx

Joshi, Mehul wrote:
Michele,
Thanks much for response, I had cross posted this msg and Marcel posted a
resolution that worked for me for all but one demo. I am still having
problems with HelloWorld3 demo but I have a separate thread posted on that.

My eventual goal is to evaluate xmlBlaster for a system that uses Native
Java (SWING), Applet (for web pages) and C subsystems on AIX and Solaris.
So far I have Solaris working correctly for Java and with some modification
in C source I have C libs working as well.
For IBM I have Java working except for one Applet demo but C libs are in
trouble. I have no clue about how to go about adding XLC compiler in build.

Know anything about C builds on AIX?
Our ant cpptasks supports following:
http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/cc.html

So your VisualAge C Compiler is supported, but unfortunately
we have no AIX at hand to adjust our build.xml accordingly.

You have three options:

1. Extend xmlBlaster/build.xml to support XLC (and contribute it back)

2. Compile it 'by hand' or create your own Makefile.
See: http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/client.c.socket.html
You can try to manually adjust the following lines until it compiles:

cd xmlBlaster/src/c/socket

(from Linux C):
 gcc -DXmlBlasterAccessUnparsedMain -Wall -pedantic -g -D_REENTRANT -I..
   -o XmlBlasterAccessUnparsedMain XmlBlasterAccessUnparsed.c ../util/*.c
   xmlBlasterSocket.c XmlBlasterConnectionUnparsed.c CallbackServerUnparsed.c
   -lpthread

3. Give me a ssh account on your AIX machine (send to me privately) and i can give it a try

regards,
Marcel
-Mehul