Re: C++ clients on NT

Hi Aravind,
In order to compile the xmlBlaster c++-clients you must first download Xerces for c++ from apache. Xerces is not part of the xmlBlaster project: it is the xml library for c++. You can download it from http://xml.apache.org and follow their installation routines. Once you have done that please read the README file in $XMLBASTER_HOME/src/c++.  To run the testsuite for c++ you have to run it from $XMLBLASTER_HOME/testsuite/c++.

I am writing the c++ clients and if you have any suggestions I will be happy to ear from you, so please don't hesitate to come back with them on this list. The same if you have further questions of any kind.

Cheers
Michele

Aravind Gadagottu wrote:

Hi all,

I am having problems, trying to run the C++ clients on
windows NT. I could configure MICO with Cygwin but
when i try to 'make' the C++ clients, it complains:
cannot find -lxerces-c1_2_0

Can anyone tell me how to install xerces for Cygwin.
I could not find xerces binaries for Cygwin or the
sources that i could build for Cygwin.

Also, if anyone is working with c++ clients, please
advise.

Here's the dump of 'make all'

testsuite/c++>$ make all
gcc TestGet.o
d:/xmlBlaster/src/c++/client/CorbaConnection.o
d:/xmlBlaster/src/c
++/util/CompatibleCorba.o
d:/xmlBlaster/src/c++/util/Log.o d:/xmlBlaster/src/c++
/generated/xmlBlaster.o
-od:/xmlBlaster/testsuite/c++/bin/TestGet
-L/usr/local/x
erces/xerces-c-src_1_2_0/lib -lxerces-c1_2_0 -lpthread
-ldl -L/usr/local/mico/li
b -lmico2.3.3 -lpthread -L/usr/local/mico/lib
-lmicocoss2.3.3 -lstdc++
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/ld: cannot find
-lxerces-c1_2_0
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [d:/xmlBlaster/testsuite/c++/bin/TestGet]
Error 1