Re: Erasing messages

Hi Nikolay,

---------Included Message----------
>      Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:29:21 -0800
>      From: "Nikolai Devereaux" <yomama at ucsd.edu>
>      To: <xmlblaster at xmlBlaster.org>
>      Subject: Erasing messages
>

>      I want to be able to erase messages once they have been recieved
by the
>      intended recipient.  To do this, I'm assuming I'll have to use
(forgive the
>      mix of C++ & Java syntax...)
>
>      CorbaConnection :: erase(String xmlKey_literal, String
eraseQoS_literal)

>      Maybe someone can answer some questions for me:
>
>      1)  Why is the key a String instead of some "KeyWrapper" or
whatever...?
I don't remind the exact reason. Probably just to avoid to "force"
clients to use these Wrappers if the don't want it. In any case, if you
have the KeyWrapper object (lets say keyWrapper), then you can pass
keyWrapper.toString() to erase.

>      2)  Why is the QoS a String instead of some "QosWrapper" or
whatever...?
DITO
>      3)  How is the qos supposed to be formed?  Is <qos></qos> good
enough for
>      this purpose?  I can't find any documentation about it...

have a look on the Homepage under "Reference Handbook" the engine.qos.*
requirements.

>      4)  Since I get back an UpdateKey from I_Callback's update()
method, how do
>      I get a String xmlKey_literal from that parameter?  UpdateKey has
>      "getUniqueKey()" method, which according to the javadoc will
access the
>      '<key oid="..."', but when I output the result of that method
call to
>      System.err, all I get is the oid string (i.e., the ... in
oid="...")

call UniqueKey.PrintOn()

>      If anyone can answer some of all of these questions, I'd
apreciate it.  If
>      you can point me to some documentation about it, I'd appreciate
that too.

>      Take care,
>
>      Nik

Cheers Michele