Re: [xmlblaster] Licensing the xmlBlaster

Stefan Heesch wrote:
Hi there!

Yesterday I found your site and I have to say that
the xmlBlaster looks quite interesting!

Before I dive deeper into the software I want to
clear an important issue, the licensing. As far as
I understand the xmlBlaster is under the GNU library
license version 2 or later. Does this also mean,
I could apply the GNU lesser license which is the
successor of the LGPL?

XmlBlaster is under LGPL. So do what you want to do, without any fees or royalities.

If thats the case, I want to evaluate the usage of
xmlBlaster within a commercial project. In case that
the software meets our needs, I would like to use
it in the final product without publishing our source code. I think that should be possible if the
lesser LGPL applies. Am I right?

Yes, you can use it in your commercial product in whichever way you want.

regards,

Marcel

-- Marcel Ruff mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/ http://www.xmlBlaster.org