Re: [xmlblaster] callback queueing framework CLOSED

I'm waiting for using the new xmlBlaster framework. Because I'm finishing a project with xmlBlaster and I don't know if tests are finished.

If tests are great,
I can put new xmlBlaster in production, then update the Perl client (demo/perl).

The new xmlBlaster redesign passes our testsuite, so i would go for it.

Note that the interface to xmlBlaster changed,
the update() method now returns a String and
other minor changes (see xmlBlaster/CHANGES).

htpasswd plugin: ---------------- Cyrille, i think we should use your passwd authentication plugin as the default setting (and remove the 'simple' plugin).

Could you write an xml requirement (more or less the
same content as your README file).

Go to

  doc/requirements

and take a copy of another req, name it for example

  security.authentication.passwd.xml

You compile the xml to html with:

  make doc

Future open issues:

-We should allow a passwd entry like

*:*

allowing access for everybody.

-One day it should be possible to supply a new
htpasswd file to the running MOM.

-We should supply a htpasswd file in the xmlBlaster.jar
which is used a default containing *:* so that
first users can play with xmlBlaster without bothering
the authentication stuff.

regards,

Marcel

-- Marcel Ruff mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/ http://www.xmlBlaster.org