Re: [xmlblaster] Newbie http demo

Narayanan Unny E wrote:
I had once the same problem which i never tracked down.
We have following configuration on xmlBlaster.org which works fine:

cd ~/jakarta-tomcat/bin
export TOMCAT_OPTS="-Xms18M -Xmx64M"
startup.sh   > /tmp/tomcat.log 2>&1 &
echo "tomcat started, see tail -n 100 -f /tmp/tomcat.log"

java -version
java version "1.3.0"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0)
Classic VM (build 1.3.0, J2RE 1.3.0 IBM build cx130-20020124 (JIT enabled: jitc))

regards,

Marcel

Thank you very much for the help, but i am afraid that even after setting TOMCAT_OPTS i am getting the error. Do you think that it is something to do with tomcat or is it a problem with the servlet.

I don't know. Are you shure the TOMCAT_OPTS reach tomcat? Try to edit startup.sh and add it there. Our online demo was running with tomcat 3.2.3 and 3.2.4.

Probably you can catch a Throwable in the servlet,
hoping to get a stack trace?

Marcel

-- Marcel Ruff mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/ http://www.xmlBlaster.org