Re: [xmlblaster] http online demo

Cyrille Giquello wrote:
Hello Marcel,

just for loosing my time ;o)
I tried the http online demo at xmlBlaster.org.

But when I lauch it, it say :
   "Your sessionId is invalid, no acces to xmlBlaster"

Somebody has started three xmlBlaster server instances as user 'www' on xmlBlaster.org.

The xmlBlaster.org demos run usually under the user 'demo'.
This demo - xmlBlaster instance was not contacted any more ...

I have killed all of them and restarted the http demo
as user 'demo', it runs fine now.

I try on a RedHat 7.2 / Gnome with :
Mozilla 0.9.2.1 ( Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.2.1) Gecko/20010901 )
and Galeon 0.11.3 (Gnome web browser)

I know the persistent http demo runs fine with mozilla, netscape and IE < 5.5. The other browsers fail (i believe so). Porting the demo to those browsers i never had time for.

Bettina is working on a tiny communication applet,
replacing the pure http-browser-persistent-connection.
Hopefully this will solve these current problems:

- The browsers have a memory leak for every pushed update
  (Watch the browser memory footprint after one day)

- The crossbrowser support won't be this tricky anymore
  since we don't need to distinguish between browser
  dependend pushback modes (e.g. multipart-request with netscape).

She will try to reuse the browser http library,
to have automatically the browser proxy/firewall configuration.

Cyrille

PS : I remember jobs I have to do ;o)

Yes, never forget them! ;-)

-- Marcel Ruff mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de http://www.lake.de/home/lake/swand/ http://www.xmlBlaster.org