Re: [xmlblaster] xml-rpc & CDATA ...

Cyrille wrote:

at connect time
xmlBlaster say :

   TRACE XmlRpc.AuthenticateImpl]
   Stripped CDATA tags surrounding security credentials,
   XML-RPC does not like it (Helma does not escape ']]>').
   This shouldn't be a problem as long as your credentials doesn't
contain '<'

when connect qos xml is :

<qos>
<securityService type="htpasswd" version="1.0">
  <user>guest</user>
  <passwd>secret</passwd>
</securityService>
</qos>

or

<qos>
<securityService type="htpasswd" version="1.0">
  <user><![CDATA[guest]]></user>
  <passwd><![CDATA[secret]]></passwd>
</securityService>
</qos>

I know it's not xmlBlaster specific,
but I think here some one know the reason ;o)

This was a problem we work around, i don't know
if a new Helma XmlRpc version has resolved it.
See for example
xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/protocol/xmlrpc/AuthenticateImpl.java
where the ConnectReturnQos is manipulated.

regards,

Marcel