Re: [xmlblaster] Crash with volatile messages

Mark Murphy wrote:

Forgive me if this is written up on the list, but I
couldn't find it...

Hi Mark,

thanks for reporting this error.

Please upgrade to the newest cvs version.
(checkout the version, change to directory
xmlBlaster and compile with 'build.bat all')

The bug should be fixed there.

regards,

Marcel

I'm trying to implement volatile messages and xmlBlaster 0.7.9f is throwing up exceptions.

My code to send a volatile message is:

con.publish(new MessageUnit("<key oid='/classcode'/>",
docCmd.asXML().getBytes(), "<qos><isVolatile>true</isVolatile></qos>"));

(where docCmd is a dom4j XML document representing my
payload)

The xmlBlaster server log looks like this:

[Aug 30, 2002 6:58:49 PM WARN  MessageUnitHandler] No
subscribed client notification about message erase()
yet implemented
[Aug 30, 2002 6:58:50 PM ERROR CbWorker:session:3]
Callback failed: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
       at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.MessageUnitHandler.getRootNode(MessageUnitHandl
er.java:277)
       at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.BigXmlKeyDOM.messageErase(BigXmlKeyDOM.java:72)

       at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.RequestBroker.fireMessageEraseEvent(RequestBrok
er.java:1632)
       at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.RequestBroker.eraseVolatile(RequestBroker.java:
1292)
       at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.queue.MsgQueue.checkForVolatileErase(MsgQueue.j
ava:190)
       at
org.xmlBlaster.engine.callback.CbWorker.run(CbWorker.java:59)
       at
EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExec
utor.java:728)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The first message makes sense given a look at the
code. However, it's unclear to me by basic inspection
why MessageUnitHandler's xmlKey is null, which is
presumably where it's crashing.

Note that xmlBlaster is pretty robust -- despite this
exception, it continues to run nicely, though my
volatile message sticks around when I don't want it
to.

If this is a recognized failure (hopefully on my
part!), let me know where I'm going wrong. Otherwise,
I'll try to track down the failure inside the server.

Thanks!

Mark Murphy
mmurphy000 at yahoo.com