From: Marcel Ruff [mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de]
Sent: Friday, November 01, 2002 2:33 PM
To: xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org
Subject: Re: [xmlblaster] engine.service.rdbms

Jones, Chris wrote:

>I keep on getting this on startup:
>"Couldn't initialize driver <oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver>, please check
>your CLASSPATH "
>
>Here is my xmlBlaster.properties file:
>ProtocolPlugin[JDBC][1.0]=org.xmlBlaster.protocol.jdbc.JdbcDriver
>CbProtocolPlugin[JDBC][1.0]=org.xmlBlaster.protocol.jdbc.CallbackJdbcDriver
>JdbcDriver.drivers=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver,ORG.as220.tinySQL.dbfFileDr
>ver,oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
>

>I have my classpath set up correctly( other apps that use the jdbc work
>fine.) I have tried it with the classes12.jar (oracle 9i)  and the
>classes12.zip (oracle 8) versions of the jdbc driver. Any ideas on what I
am
>doing wrong? or any ideas on where to look next?
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I'm currently using classes12.zip and it works fine.

Some ideas:

java -jar lib/xmlBlaster.jar

The -jar options totally ignores any CLASSPATH settings

Or try to add it into manifest.xmlBlaster  (in xmlBlaster.jar) and
throw the classes12.zip into xmlBlaster/lib directory.

Or try

java -cp lib/xmlBlaster.jar:lib/classes12.zip org.xmlBlaster.Main

Marcel