Re: [xmlblaster] problems with Jacorb 1.4.50 as part of xmlblaster

> You can always check the JacORB version like this:
>
> cd xmlBlaster/lib
> cvs log jacorb.jar
>
> (or look into xmlBlaster/lib/LICENSE)

cool.

> We have upgraded JacORB to the cvs version from 2003-03-27 18:00
> to resolve memory and thread leaks. This helped a lot but there
> are still two issues (on of it is currently looked at by the JacORB team).
>
> I think the different versions of JacORB are compatible, probably your
> problem is
> related to setting System.properties(), please see
>
>  xmlBlaster/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/protocol/corba/OrbInstanceFactory.java

Thanks. I added

java \
    -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORB \
    -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=org.jacorb.orb.ORBSingleton \
    org.xmlBlaster.Main \

which seemed to have solved the issue. Don't know why JacORB 1.3.30
did not complain.

> The method initializeOrbEnv() manipulates the JVM settings to force
> JacORB instead of Sun's ORB delivered with the JDK.
>
> Probably you should try OrbInstanceFactory.createOrbInstance() to create
> the ORB,
> this could solve your problem.

Good point - I'll also try this.

Thanks