Re: [xmlblaster] Durable subscriber

Hi Steve,
you need *not* to disconnect the subscriber, i.e. add to the command line of the subscriber

-disconnect false

And then when you restart HelloWorldSubscribe you will get all updates. Note that you will get them before you hit the key to subscribe (since the subscription still exists).

Michele

Steve Mentzer wrote:
I've read prior posts about durable subscribers, but I just can't get it
to work the way I expect.  I believe I should be able to have a client
subscribe, then disconnect without unsubscribing.  Then have another
client publish messages that match the subscription, and finally have the
first client resubscribe and receive all the published messages.

Here are the commands I'm using.  Ignore wrapping, each command is on a
single line, and I execute them sequentially:

// First subscribe but don't unsubscribe
java javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe -session.name joe/2 -dispatch/callback/retries -1 -multiSubscribe false
-unSubscribe false

// Next, publish messages
java javaclients.HelloWorldPublish -numPublish 10

// Finally, resubscribe to receive the published messages
java javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe -session.name joe/2 -dispatch/callback/retries -1 -multiSubscribe false

No messages are ever received by the last command.

No doubt I'm doing something wrong, but I've tried a bunch of variations
and I've never been able to receive messages that were published while the
subscriber was disconnected.

Steve

--
Michele Laghi
mailto:laghi at swissinfo.org
tel. +46 8 7492952 / mob. +46 70 4103964
http://eclettic.tripod.com
http://www.xmlBlaster.org