Re: [xmlblaster] how do i get erase notifications from xpath subscriptions now?

Hi Andrew,
the change will be included in the next release. I don't know the exact number of the next release but as usual there will be an announcement on this mailing list and on the news.

Cheers
Michele

Andrew.Yinger at Altarum.org wrote:
thanks, that worked and makes my life easier.

will this change be included in the next release?  if so, what version?

thanks,
andrew

|---------+-------------------------------------->
|         |           Marcel Ruff                |
|         |           <mr at marcelruff.info>       |
|         |           Sent by:                   |
|         |           owner-xmlblaster at server.xml|
|         |           Blaster.org                |
|         |                                      |
|         |                                      |
|         |           09/27/2004 06:59 PM        |
|         |           Please respond to          |
|         |           xmlblaster                 |
|         |                                      |
|---------+-------------------------------------->

Andrew.Yinger at Altarum.org wrote:

Thanks for your help.

After some investigation this morning, this is what I have discovered:

Your helloWord pub/sub tests using XPath did, in fact, receive that erase
events, as you said they would.

My messaging wrapper class was not properly retrieving the callback

object

because of a change in the way unpublish (i.e. 'erase') events are now
processed.  In the past (XMLBlaster v.9.0) an erase event would have the
same subscriptionId as a publish event.  In otherwords, if I called
updateQos.getSubscriptionId() in my update method, the subscriptionId

would

be the same.

This has now changed.   The subscriptionId is still what I would expect
when I receive an asynchronous publish event.  However, now, when I

receive

an erase event, the subscriptionId is "__subId:PtP".  I have changed my
messaging wrapper class to properly handle erase events now that I know
this.

Thanks again,
Andrew

You are right, i have fixed this in the current cvs and added a
testcase to the testsuite.
Now you get again your subscriptionId,

Michele Laghi
mailto:laghi at swissinfo.org
tel. +46 8 7492952 / mob. +46 70 4103964
http://eclettic.tripod.com
http://www.xmlBlaster.org