Re: [xmlblaster] setting message expiration lifetime on a topic

Marshall Shapiro wrote:
Is there a way to set the lifetime of messages on a topic for all messages on that topic regardless of the lifetime set on the message itself? I would like to make sure messages on certain topic don't get deleted even if the sender of the message set an expiration time on them.

Thanks.

Marshall

You would need a new topic property in PublishQos, something like:

   <topic readonly='false' destroyDelay='60000' createDomEntry='true'>
      <expiration lifeTime='129595811' ignoreMsgSettings='true'/>
   </topic>

Sorry, no, this is currently not existing.

I would recommend to write a little PublishPlugin, see

  http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/mime.plugin.publishfilter.html
  http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/mime.plugin.publishfilter.howto.html

You intercept the interesting messages and overwrite the
expiry timeout to your desired minimum value,

regards,