Re: [xmlblaster] c++ client handle leak ?

Hi Nicolas,

my pthread_detach() was a flop as the thread
was set to detached already, so i went back to the original
code.

But the pthread.dll could be the problem as they state
a memory leak for destroyed threads, see
http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/news.html

I have no updated pthreads.dll from
http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/
and added it to our subversion.

Could you please get the code from subversion and verify
with your BoundChecker that it is fixed?

My tests with http://www.glowcode.com/ on Windows XP
did not show any problem.

thanks,

Marcel

Hi Nicolas,

i think i have found the bug.
A call to pthread_detach() was missing to reclaim the resources
of the callback thread.

Could you please get the code from subversion and verify
with your BoundChecker that it is fixed?

thanks,

Marcel

Quartier, Nicolas wrote:

Hi Marcel,

I think it are thread handles, but I'm not sure.
I saw the number of handles increasing initialy with the task manager.

Now I'm using boundschecker. At program termination a lot of resource leaks
are reported in pthreadVC.dll. But for the rest I'm not getting much information about it.
Next to this boundschecker also reports a memory leak of 32 bytes for every call:
"requestInfoP = xb->postSendEvent(&requestInfo, exception);"
on line 566 in xmlblasterconnectionunparsed.c
According to boundschecker the memory is allocated in pthreadVC.dll

I also used process explorer.
In process explorer I see the handle count increasing, but the handle itself is not added
to the list of handles.

Kind regards,
Nicolas.