[xmlblaster] vb.net and activex dll

hello,

I am tyring to get the vb.net activex demo working. However, I am
having a
problem with the asynchronously subroutine XmlScriptAccess_update.  I
am
able to successfully connect to the server, howerver, a get invalid
cast
exceptions when I try to get the messge contents.

Environment: W2K, JDK1.5.0, VB.NET
(sending a text file of size = 344)

private sub xmlScriptAccess_update(byval msg as object) handles
   xmlBlaster.XmlScriptAccessSource_Event_update

   dim qos as object
   dim contents, contentStr as string
   dim byteContents() as Byte = new Byte(1024) {}  ' byte array of
size 1K
   try
      qos = msg.getQos()                 ' no errors
      len = msg.getContents().length ' returns 344
      contents = msg.getContents()           ' ERROR
      contentStr = msg.getContentsStr()       ' ERROR ALSO

      xmlBlaster.setUpdateReturn("<qos><state>
id='OK' /></qos>")
catch e as SystemException
      msgBox(e.toString())
end try

end sub

whats the proper method to get the data out (string or byte array?).
thanks
in advance.

Silviano Blea Jr.
sblea at cs.unm.edu