[xmlblaster] Pinging the server using Applets

Hi,

            When using an Applet how can I check if an established connection went down? (for example if the server is disconnected or if for some reason the communication channel is interrupted) I’m trying to write a ping function to detect this case every 5sec and I used the isConnected() method, however in the situation that the server was up and suddenly was force to go down this function doesn’t detect this situation. Does anyone know how to overcome this problem?

Best regards,

Eduardo Catarino