Re: [xmlblaster] XMLRPC publish only

Ross Jekel a Ãcrit :
Hi,
If I have an xmlrpc client that is never going to subscribe (only publish), is there a way that I can connect to xmlBlaster such that I do not need to provide a callback? I tried it once and it didn't work, so either that is not supported or I did something wrong.
I just need to put some fire-and-forget messages on a queue from some client apps and didn't see a need for each client to register a callback.
Thanks,
Ross
Hi Ross,

even if you don't start up a client side callback server you need to configure it in the ConnectQos so that the server establishes a callback queue. By setting retries='-1' the server never gives up to reach the client.

Here is a Qos example :

<qos>
<session name="username/3" timeout="3600000" maxSessions="10" clearSessions="false" />
<queue relating="connection">
<address type="XMLRPC" pingInterval="5000" retries="-1" delay="1000" />
</queue>
<queue relating="callback" maxEntries="5" maxEntriesCache="2">
<callback type="XMLRPC" pingInterval="5000" retries="-1" dispatcherActive="false" delay="1000" />
</queue>
</qos>

Regards
Cyrille