From: Marcel Ruff <mr at marcelruff.info>
To: xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:28:03 AM
Subject: Re: [xmlblaster] Annoying Warning about recv failed

Hi Chris,

i couldn't follow all of it :-)

I can offer our native C# wrapper (calling the C client lib) which connects
over the SOCKET protocol and tunnels callbacks back (compressed with
zlib:stream)
in real time.
It works very well on Windows, Windows CE (Smartphone/PocketPC/Mobile) and
on Linux/mono.
If it is only the port which counts you can put the xmlBlaster server on
port 80, but
if it must be http traffic this wont help.

Further you can use some of our servlets and look at the (tiny) applet
code how to talk to them. Then implement the same client code in C#.

Finally your approach sounds nice as well, but as you don't have a callback
possibility you need to poll from C# (which is not too problematic on
low traffic).