AW: Request for Comment (RFC)

Hello Marcel,

here are my comments:

This is very interesting, I thought about this last week.
I fully support this change, because MesssageUnit and Destination are core
classes
and they should be under the engine package.

> 2. Changing CORBA IDL.
> The MessageUnit struct gets a new member 'string XmlQos'
> and the old MessageUnitContainer is removed.
>
> Calls with seperate MessageUnit and qos arguments
> will only have one MessageUnit argument in future.
>
> Calls using MessageUnitContainer will be renamed to
> use the new MessageUnit.
Yes, this makes easier to decide which way to use for handling
with messages.

> The method setClientAttributes() is deprecated
> and will be removed.
>
> Using the comming a2Blaster (authentication and
> authorization server) we use another interface.
We are working on it and hope to bring up an
first edition soon.

> 3. Changing native interface.
> The native interface (which is used by all protocols
> like RMI, CORBA, XML-RPC) will only have the new
>
>    org.xmlBlaster.engine.helper.MessageUnit
>
> class, and no CORBA dependency any more.
Sounds good.

> thanks,
>
> Marcel

I hope my comments help you, I think we are on the same stream.

Konrad