Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 15:38:45 +0100
From: Carsten Ziegert <carsten.ziegert at ik.fh-hannover.de>
Subject: Re: [xmlblaster] integration of Xindice in xmlBlaster

Am 18.01.2002 15:23 Uhr schrieb "Jeff Greif" unter
<jgreif at alumni.princeton.edu>:

> [...]

My former colleagues at the Hannover Medical School Computer Center
used base64 encoding for sending TIFF images using a HL7 interface.
The images were soft scans of laboratory findings, which are produced
in a large quantity, and the solution was very stable.
As Health Level 7 is a text based document format like XML, the idea
seems adequate.

Btw, does anybody know a migration project from HL7 to XML?
What is the state of the art in the medical informatics section?

--
Carsten Ziegert
Fachhochschule Hannover