[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/transform/TransformerFactoryConfigurationError
On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Marcel Ruff wrote:
> Heinrich Götzger wrote:
> >we just discovered some problems using xmlBlaster with java version
> >Building the dist works fine, but starting brings a NoClassDefFoundError:
> >$ java -jar xmlBlasterDist.jar
> >Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> > at org.xmlBlaster.Main.<init>(Main.java:105)
> > at org.xmlBlaster.Main.main(Main.java:493)
> >The CLASSPATH is "".
> >We found out that this class is in xml-apis.jar which is in lib/ant and
> >therefore is available for building, but not for running.
> >Adding this jar to the CLASSPATH makes xmlBlaster running.
> >Under java 1.4 this class belongs to the JRE and is not missing.
> >How shall we fix this?
> We should NOT depend on java 1.4 or on any lib/ant stuff.
I totally agree!
> Probably we need to change the classpath in build.xml?
> As i can't reproduce your problem, please try a
> build.sh -verbose xmlBlaster
This class will be used by
Therefore I'd like just to add it to the distributen since it is not
included in JDK 1.3.
> you can see that ant.jar shows up in the javac task, which is not what
> we want - i think it comes from the bootclasspath.
right. build.sh is adding it to CLASSPATH and there it is available for
compiling, but not for running.
The funny thing is, even if this file is removed from the directory, the
build dist runs fine, but the starting of the xmlBlaster stucks.
Again: adding it to the path solves the problem. I'd go for it.
Adding xml-apis.jar to the unjar-part of build dist seems to halp as well.