Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Lock issue with corba protocoll

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 11:50, Marcel Ruff wrote:
> Peter Antman wrote:
> > This seems to be really tricky. My latest tests indicates that the
> > problem is not in the "sending" end, but in the receiving end. I can for
> > example duplicate the error when client connect, sends a ping and the
> > whole connection process end up beeing locked while the serverside
> > callback server tries to do the initial ping back.
> >
> > I have trace instructions on all the Corba parts, and there really is no
> > answer (no notify runaway conditions), the client callback server simple
> > locks the reply.
> >

> > However, on the client, I can not find any locks that seems to be the
> > result of the ping callback.
> >
> > So either there is a lock problem in some other part of Jacorb, either
> > at the sending end or the replying end, or there is some strange lockup
> > in XmlBlaster which translates to these lockups.
> >
> > Simply put. I do not think the problem is in ReplyPlaceholder or
> > ReplyReceiver, but I can not understand where else to look. I have a
> > testclass which can be used to triggers these lockups with the
> > standalone XmlBlaster, and which dumps (kill -3) when it detects a lock.
> I have added the test to
> xmlBlaster/testsuite/src/java/org/xmlBlaster/test/memoryleak/TestThreadLeak.java
> and threadLeak.sh

Ok.

> I run the test but i had neither a thread leak nor a lock,
> i'll try with other JVMs later,
Yea, I could find no thread leaks either (although it consumes a huge
number of threads for just a few client connections).

As for the lockup. I use a twin cpu, linux 2.4.18 and JDK 2sdk1.4.1_01.
What was your environment?

//Peter

> thanks
> Marcel
>
> --
> http://www.xmlBlaster.org
Peter Antman	Chief Technology Officer, Development
Technology in Media, Box 34105 100 26 Stockholm
WWW: http://www.tim.se	WWW: http://www.backsource.org
Email: pra at tim.se
Phone: +46-(0)8-506 381 11 Mobile: +46-(0)704 20 58 11