Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Why do xml-rpc sessions w/ callbacks time out?

On 18 Aug 2004 at 14:23, Marcel Ruff wrote:

> You are right, the pings don't prevent from session timeout during client
> inactivity.

Do you think this is the best behaviour?

At least for my use case the callback is the only listening for published information.
Otherwise, it never makes any client requests.

It seems strange to have to pump the client to keep it from timing out.

--

Regarding pyBlaster. I'm planning to rework this when my client can afford the time. I would
like to re-examine the threaded tcp server/threadedxmlrpc server architecture. I note that it

Are there any more notes about the architectural design decisions made during pyBlaster's
development? I've read the source notes, which mostly describe the implementation itself,
not *why* it was done that way.

Also, it would be nice to have several different server archictures supported, like straight
asyncore and twisted. I'll chip away at these over the next few months unless my project
gets cancelled.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
http://www.wecanstopspam.org/                   AOL-IM: BKClements