Re: [xmlblaster-devel] how to delay delivery of messages?

Hi Brad,

Brad Clements wrote:
On 27 Sep 2005 at 23:21, Michele wrote:

Could you not delay the publishing until the transaction is committed ?

Zope's transaction machinery wraps the application specific code, so there isn't anyway to post to xml-blaster after the transaction completes.

Of course a better way would be to use a publish filter (see http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/mime.plugin.publishfilter.html)

Whoa, this means I'd have to write Java code!

See it as an opportunity ;)

The best I could do is Jython...

But, if this were to be implemented as core functionality and QoS, would you really implement this as mime filter?

Yes. Currently one of the key requirements is the guarantee that messages are delivered in the correct sequence. There is already an exception to that rule which are Priorities of messages. Having a scheduling time would be in direct conflict with these requirements. So I really believe the cleanest way to do it is inside a mime filter unless there is an alternative which I have overseen. Where you thinking about another approach ?

Regards Michele