Re: [xmlblaster-devel] JTA compliance

Cyrille Giquello wrote:
Hello

I'm not using xmlBlaster for a while, but I never forget that great tool ;-)
For last projects where I would like to use it, some constraints has
made it out of selected technos :-(
Never mind, I do not write here about my life, you don't care about it ...
Yes we care :-)

Thanks for this interesting feedback, XA was discussed since beginning of xmlBlaster,
the day will come when somebody starts these efforts.
I believe it is not too complicated but still someone needs to sit down and work out all
the details ...

Seriously, I'm now looking about JTA/XA (Java Transaction API and XA
Distributed Transaction) and searching for out of J2EE Servers
implementations. Last year there is not much stuff. But today I found a lot.

I'm writing here because I think XmlBlaster should implements
transaction Resource Manager (XA Resource), like some others messaging
servers.
I do not know how it should be difficult to implements this future...

Here are some nice links I found (not for ResourceManage, but for
TransactionManager) :

General article about JTA wihtout J2EE server :
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-04-2007/jw-04-xa.html

And to use JTA without a J2EE server we need a Transaction Manager :

*Simple JTA*
https://simple-jta.dev.java.net/ but it seems to be silencious, one
developper, not many paper ...

The *Bitronix* Transaction Manager (BTM) is a simple but complete
implementation of the JTA 1.0.1B API.
http://www.bitronix.be/Btm/Overview

*Atomikos TransactionsEssentials* is a premium transaction manager for
automatic cancelation of problematic transactions, across disparate
datasources or back-end systems (apache license v2).
http://www.atomikos.com/products/transactionsJTA/overview.html

Perhaps you know about those stuff ? If you have a prefered one, tell me
about, I need to select one ;-)

I wish you a nice summer, and plenty of bug free code !
Cheers
cyrille.

--
Marcel Ruff