Re: Status of http callback

Peter Antman wrote:

> Hi,
> what is the status of the SystemInfo and http callback demo. I have
> deployed the war-file (after some editing). Logging in seems to work,
> but the callback does not work:

> Should I expect it to work?
Sorry, the war is not finished.

The http callback works excellent with Servlet API 2.0 and
JServ with Apache.
If you start JServer with the little script in
xmlBlaster/bin/jserv
and have done the httpd.conf and jserv config file
editing it should work on your server (assuming you
are on a UNIX box). (Don't forget to start xmlBlaster
and the little publisher as well).

Some weeks ago i started to add a war deployment,
because i got tired with jserv config editing ...
I wanted to test it with tomcat, but i have not finished
or tested it at all.

One hazzle was to move to serlvet API 2.2 (or later)
without loosing backward compatibility to Jserv support.
It compiles well if i use the servlet.jar (2.2) from tomcat 3.2.1
but jserv reports an internal error:

    ruff:~/xmlBlaster/bin$ jserv
    ApacheJServ/1.1.1b1
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org/apache/jserv/JServContext.getServletName
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.load_init(JServServletManager.java:580)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServServletManager.loadServlet(JServServletManager.java:489)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(JServConnection.java:266)
        at
org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(JServConnection.java:188)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:498)

A possible solution would be to move to xmlBlaster/lib/servlet.jar (2.3)
and people working with jserv need to add servlet.jar (2.0) from jserv
into their CLASSPATH explicitly.

What did you edit?
Can you commit these changes?

The error you reported may be based as Konrad mentioned,
but i don't know.

cu,

Marcel Ruff
mailto:ruff at swand.lake.de