Re: [xmlblaster] Durable QoS performance

Doug.Palmer at csiro.au wrote:

I have made tests some month ago on a double 1.1 MHz server having 1200 msgs/sec
(none durable) with one publisher and 5 subscribers (all of them
receiving the 1200 msg/sec). The publisher and subscribers
where running on two other hosts.
The xmlBlaster server had a CPU load of 40% with this scenario.
(The publisher was adjusted to send 1200 msg/sec).

All in all, this doesn't sound too far off my non-durable tests. I'm using 10 publishers and 1 subscriber and I think the single subscriber acts as a bottleneck. I've also noticed that you use JRockit, which I think is faster than the standard Sun JVM. I also haven't tuned.

JRockit was much slower on this multi-processor test, but it was faster
on a single processor machine, the numbers above were with IBM JDK 1.3 on Linux.
(Probably there are some configuration possibilities for multi processor of jrockit i missed).

regards,

Marcel