Re: [xmlblaster] how to reduce number of thread

Cyrille Giquello wrote:

thanks Marcel,

now there are 12 threads, like you say.

for option " -port -1 " it's working too, but write a dirty exception on screen :

   java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Port value out of range: -1
       at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:179)
       at org.xmlBlaster.authentication.HttpIORServer.run(Unknown Source)

So, I tried " -port 0 " but it doesn't shutdown http server.

perhaps add a line of code to manage that option.

Uups, ok, i have commited a patch to catch this situation smarter ...

Marcel

Bye,
Cyrille

Marcel Ruff wrote:

Cyrille Giquello wrote:

hello,

I think I've already ask about that but ...

I try to run xmlBlaster with only xml-rpc protocol.
commande line option :
-port 0 -xmlrpc.hostname 213.186.34.118 -xmlrpc.port 40001 -ior.port 0 -socket.port 0 -socket.backlog 2

but xmlBlaster still listening on port 33614. how to stop that port ?
I think it is that stuff making many threads (about 20 !!)

I don't need many clients to connect, only  1 or 2.

cyrille

java org.xmlBlaster.Main -port -1 -cluster.node.id myServer -cb.minimumPoolSize 2

-port switches http port off, and set a nice name for the xmlBlaster node.

Most threads are from the CbWorkerPool thread pool.
This preallocates default 10 threads, reduce it with e.g.:

   -cb.minimumPoolSize 2

Further switch off all not used protocols.

You should end up with around 12 thread (some from Java, and some from xmlBlaster timers).
Just look at the threads with a debugger or kill -3 dump.

regards,

Marcel

.