[xmlblaster] Re: logout blocking

> I am now integrating the new
>XmlBlaster into instant news, and a few problems have poped up. Here is
>one of them. When trying to disconnect a client connection (in same VM
>as server if that matters) the stuff just hangs:
>
>"ScannerThread" daemon prio=1 tid=0x0x8582ad8 nid=0x6cb in Object.wait() [4dc33000..4dc34840]
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
> - waiting on <0x46bcd3e8> (a org.jacorb.orb.connection.ReplyInputStream)
> at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:426)
> at org.jacorb.orb.connection.ReplyInputStream.result(ReplyInputStream.java:142)
> - locked <0x46bcd3e8> (a org.jacorb.orb.connection.ReplyInputStream)
> at org.jacorb.orb.Delegate.invoke(Delegate.java:779)
> at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._invoke(ObjectImpl.java:457)
> at org.xmlBlaster.protocol.corba.authenticateIdl._AuthServerStub.disconnect(_AuthServerStub.java:130)
> at org.xmlBlaster.client.protocol.corba.CorbaConnection.disconnect(CorbaConnection.java:531)
> at org.xmlBlaster.client.protocol.XmlBlasterConnection.disconnect(XmlBlasterConnection.java:1176)
> - locked <0x466f5558> (a org.xmlBlaster.client.protocol.XmlBlasterConnection)
> at org.xmlBlaster.client.protocol.XmlBlasterConnection.disconnect(XmlBlasterConnection.java:1101)
> at org.backsource.in.blaster.BlasterFactory$BlasterSubscriber.logout(BlasterFactory.java:179)
>
>Is there any way to sort of force a closedown?

It seems you client blocks on the disconnect invocation because there is
no response coming back.

1 .JacORB seems to be in a deadlock - or -
2. xmlBlaster does not respond and your JacOrb client waits forever.

The IDL declaration is:

      void disconnect(in string sessionId, in serverIdl::XmlType qos)
                      raises (serverIdl::XmlBlasterException);

So the client can only expect an XmlBlasterException but never a return
value.

If it continues to be a problem change the IDL to

  oneway  void disconnect(in string sessionId, in serverIdl::XmlType qos);

-> oneway and without an exception.
Please report to us any progress with this issue.
What does the server side logging say?

Do you have a simple example for me to reproduce the problem?

thanks,

Marcel