Re: Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: [xmlblaster] Question on pausing the update method long enough to process messages...

Kelli,

> I actually thought about splitting the processing up. My concern was that
> after the messages in the queue were subscribed to once, I didn't want them
> to be subscribed to again. I thought that if I set the initial update to
> FALSE, that I would only be able to subscribe to new messages on the queue
> once and only once. But instead what I found was that I couldn't subscribe
> to anything ever with this setting. The following code is what I used to
> implement this:
>
> String sSubscribeKey = "/xmlBlaster/key/TRANSACTION[ at type='billing' or
>  at type='estimate']";
> SubscribeKeyWrapper sk = new SubscribeKeyWrapper(sSubscribeKey,
> Constants.XPATH);
> SubscribeQosWrapper sq = new SubscribeQosWrapper();
> sq.setInitialUpdate(false);
> SubscribeRetQos subRet = con.subscribe(sk.toXml(), sq.toXml());
>
> Am I misunderstanding what setInitialUpdate() does?
> Is it possible that the messages that are being published to the xmlBlaster
> queue are not being published as 'new' messages for some reason?
InitialUpdate(false) forces not to send updates for the last messages in
the queue which have been published before you placed your subscribe.

See:
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/engine.qos.subscribe.initialUpdate.html

Remark beside: I see at your code that you not using the latest release of
xmlBlaster. It is strongly recommended to switch to the latest release
since the old one will not be supported any more in respect of new
features.

Expect some small amount of time porting your code to the new package
structure.

Just switch -deprecation on and see what the compiler tells you what to do
;-)

Happy hacking!

regards

Heinrich