Re: [xmlblaster] Client startup and logging

David Hooker wrote:

Hi David,

please try:

java -Dproperty.verbose=0 -Djacorb.verbosity=0 -Djacorb.orb.print_version=off org.xmlBlaster.Main

You can hardcode those properties directly in your main()
with System.setProperties.

The jacorb porperties you can adjust in

 xmlBlaster/config/jacorb.properties.template

which will be automatically copied into xmlBlaster.jar on
your next compile.

Please read:

http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/client.configuration.html
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/util.log.plugin.html

for further informations,

best regards

Marcel

Update:

I've been able to divert the normal xmlBlaster logging to my own logging
facility by making my own I_LogDeviceFactory.  However, there are still
a couple of messages sent to System.out (apparently from within jutils)
that I couldn't suppress, so I "brute force" suppress them by
temporarily re-routing System.out.  Here's my code:

        ByteArrayOutputStream os = new ByteArrayOutputStream();
        PrintStream tempOut = new PrintStream(os);
        PrintStream origOut = System.out;
        System.setOut(tempOut);

        String[] args = new String[2];
        args[0] = "-LoggableDevicePlugin[console][1.0]";
        args[1] =
"com.a4networks.server.connection.xmlblaster.PRLoggingFactory";

        Global global = new Global(args, true, false);

        System.setOut(origOut);

Also, this only works when I set the loadPropFile on the Global
constructor to true.  If I set it to false, all the logging from the
xmlBlaster client code goes to System.out.

I'm still seeing messages on System.out from JACORB.  Does anyone know
how I can suppress/re-route these?