Re: [xmlblaster] Ldbc

Peter Bennett wrote:
Greetings

Have uploaded the Ldbc stuff...

I ran a few more tests yesterday and today...
I think I have a problem with one topic test.
testVolatile...

I have no doubt it will need some more work...

I already need to add a couple of notes to the ldbc requirement...

(1) JDK 1.4 only.

Hu, does this mean that xmlBlaster is not compiling / running with JDK 1.3 / 1.2 anymore?

(2) No Oracle support in ldbc.jar

Well, we still have the native Oracle support.

I think I need some Oracle files to compile Oracle support into the ldbc driver.

As you will see the code is virtually identical to the commontable plugin. The part I am not 100% sure of is the routine to delete stuff.

diff JdbcConnectionPool.java LdbcConnectionPool.java diff JdbcManagerCommonTable.java LdbcManagerCommonTable.java diff JdbcQueueCommonTablePlugin.java LdbcQueueCommonTablePlugin.java diff PreparedQuery.java LdbcPreparedQuery.java

It seems that only JdbcManagerCommonTable is replaced by LdbcManagerCommonTable,
only LdbcManagerCommonTable.java has two places with additional code.

We should somehow merge the files to avoid having duplicate code
and duplicate errors, probably having a common interface class
and having a factory to create with or without ldbc. Any idea?

We need to discuss if we really want to drop JDK 1.3 and 1.2 support.

ldbc does not support cascade delete so I added some code and am not sure I am deleting enough...

Regards