[xmlblaster] When does a topic get marked dead?

Hello,

We used to run xmlblaster v0.8 for quite some time, but have now
moved to v0.9.

Everything is running fine, but we have a problem where xmlblaster
keeps running out of memory.

We're using ram based storage for now (which we also used in the
v0.8 version).  This shouldn't be a problem as our traffic is
fairly low and all messages are volatile.

The problem seems to be that a new topic gets created for every
message (when we publish we give a blank oid and let the server
fill it in).  The server then gets all plugged up with hundreds
or thousands of topics with no messages in them.

We also see this behaviour when we use a database (Oracle) and
use it for all the topic/message storage.  The database tables
just keep getting bigger and bigger and never seem to shrink.
This causes a problem when we restart xmlblaster too because it goes
and loads in all the old entries from the database which can take
a long time (10-15 minutes).

So I guess the question is - how can I force xmlblaster to check
for dead topics more often and clean them out?

--
David Kerry