Re: [xmlblaster] Databases

On October 18, 2004 01:27 am, Marcel Ruff wrote:

> we have two modules which use JDBC connections:
>
> 1. As a service for clients to query any JDBC aware database
> Here we have implemented a pool for all different database URLs
> and for each DB URL again a pool which holds the connections.
> The amount of DB's accessed is unlimited. See
> http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/engine.service.rdbms.
>html

Ok.  From what I understand about this one, the configuration parameters for
accessing the database are specified by the client, and are not configured in
the xmlBlaster.properties file on the server side?

If this is the case, I'm guessing the connections are not pooled?

> 2. XmlBlaster uses for its persistent queue (I_Queue interface) and
>     persistent message storage (I_Map interface) a JDBC database.
>
> It is possible to configure one database for msgstore and another DB for
> the queues. Currently you can't configure one DB for topic 'A' and another
> one for topic 'B' and a third one for client 'joe/1' callback queue.

I had this one figured out.  I was just curious if xmlBlaster supported
'bindings', so that I could decide at runtime which database binding I wished
to use for my queue or topic.  Similar to how I would use a database within
an EJB container for MDBs.

Thank you for your response.  It was quite helpful.