Radu Maierean
JamboTECH
phone: 818-676-3452
email: radu at jambotech.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org
[mailto:owner-xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org] On Behalf Of Marcel Ruff
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 2:01 PM
To: xmlblaster at server.xmlBlaster.org
Subject: Re: [xmlblaster] message payload affected by the transport
protocol?...

Radu Maierean wrote:
> hi,
>
> for a quick test of an application that i am working on, i used the
> demo found under
>
> xmlBlaster/demo/javaclients/script/XmlScript.java
>
> i tried to send this in the message payload:
>
> <Sometag attribute="'single-quoted-value'"/>
>
> what i received at the other end was:
>
> <Sometag attribute=''single-quoted-value''/>
>
> that means:
> A. the message payload (or "contents", as you name it in the docs)
> just happens to be an XML string B. the value of one of my attributes
> in the payload contains single quotes, and therefore the attribute
> delimitation marks are double quotes C. either the demo java app, or
> the XmlBlaster server, decided to interpret my message payload and to
> replace the double quotes of my attribute delimiter with single quotes
> D. result: the payload that i receive at the other end is not an XML
> proper string anymore. (or at least expat, which is the xml parser
that
> crunches the message payload, cannot help me with this string.)
>
> my understanding is that the payload of a message can be a blob, so it

> only has to be passed over; it shouldnt be affected in any way by any
> kind of processing. now if this replacement of single quotes with
> double quotes takes place in the java demo, i wouldnt mind too much;
> but if the XmlBlaster server is the one that does this, i'm in big
> trouble...
>
> can any of you tell me who is modifying my message? escaping the
> double quotes with &quot; doesnt help either... thanks.

No, the server won't touch it (only if you add a mime plugin and do it
with purpose), try this:

java javaclients.HelloWorldPublish -content "<Sometag
attribute=\"'single-quoted-value'\"/>"

java javaclients.HelloWorldSubscribe -xpath //key

The XmlScript parser does it, we should add CDATA support to it so that
we are able to send:

<xmlBlaster>
   <connect/>
   <publish>
     <key oid="1">
     <content><![CDATA[<Sometag
attribute="'single-quoted-value'"/>]]</content>
   </publish>
   <disconnect />
</xmlBlaster>

regards

Macel

> Radu Maierean
> JamboTECH
> phone: 818-676-3452
> email: radu at jambotech.com

I haven't tried it but i think it's the client side script parser which