Re: [xmlblaster] Serialization

Hi Nelson,

inEvo wrote:
Hi,

This is more of a suggestion...

XmlBlaster provides a great Open source MOM.. one can send messages, subscribe based on regular expressions or XPath queries .. we have well defined topics and Qos, still my main doubt has to do with the content!

We're sending xml in our messages.. we could have put it into the topic.. or part of it as properties in the Qos.. still it makes more sense to have it in the content of the message.

What we feel is missing is serialization for sending objects betwee different clients.

As a Middleware we always had the opinion this is an application specific issue. Of course it would be nice to have some helper stuff in the contribution directories ...

We have a Java application running and communicating with a C++ application .. still there is no "easy" way to exchange objects ...

We've chosen XStream to provide Java side Xml serialization .. but couldn't find any OpenSource project for providing the same thing with JAVA and C++..

How have those who used xmlBlaster in their projects dealt with this? Have you created parsers?

It can be totally different. Normally interlanguage systems tend to have simple serialization. For example between java and c++ the simplest way would really be to use a map like structure and use the client properties of the qos. This is the same as JMS offers on the message content.

If the content is predefined and xml then you can still use xerces and write your own parsers.
If the clients are supposed to do some rpc calls, then I would use xmlrpc (there are libraries for different languages aviable on the net).

Regards
Michele

regards,

Nelson