Re: [xmlblaster] Problem with Receive

chris lau wrote:
After some further investigation, it looks like the server is trying to ping the
client, but the client doesn't respond. Here is the message:
WARNING: Connection transition ALIVE -> POLLING: socket://192.168.219.82:7607 is unaccessible, we
poll for it every 5000 msec: errorCode=communication.noConnection message=#15428 ping :
errorCode=communication.responseTimeout message=#15428 Timeout of 60000 milliseconds occured when
waiting on ping(dummyLoginName:1154755673203000000) response. You can change it with
-plugin/socket/pingResponseTimeout <millis>

Since I set the receive method to block until a message is received, how would the client be able
to respond to pings from the server?

Any help would be appreciated.
Yes exactly, this open issue (when the client side ping is switched on) will be fixed the next days,

--- chris lau <ckl_88 at yahoo.ca> wrote:

Hi,

I'm a little confused on where the problem lies. I quickly wrote a simple test program which
calls
the Receive method. The actual command looks like this:

msgs = con.receive ("client/"+userName, 1, -1, true);

So that means I want only 1 message and wait forever until I get it and remove it from the queue
when received. Now, I published a message and the receive successfully got the message. I then
ran
the program again and this time I didn't publish a message to see if it would really wait
forever... but after a while, I got this message:

XmlBlasterException errorCode=[user.configuration] serverSideException=false
location=[ClientDispatchConnectionsHandler-connection:client/client1/1] message=[#15428
Synchronous GET on oid='__cmd:client/client1/?subjectQueueEntries' is not possible in
offline/polling mode. See
'http://www.xmlBlaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/client.failsafe.html' for more details. :
]
[See URL

http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/admin.errorcodes.listing.html#user.configuration]
I'm not sure what this message means but does it have anything to do with my connection settings
before calling receive?

Thanks.