Re: [xmlblaster] htpasswd auth doesn't close un-auth'd sockets

On 14 Oct 2006 at 17:32, Marcel Ruff wrote:

> How can i reproduce it?
>
> I have tried profiling (with http://www.khelekore.org/jmp/)
>
>   java -Xrunjmp:nomethods,dumpdir=/tmp/jmpdump/ org.xmlBlaster.Main
>
> and a client with invalid authentication (with activated htpasswd):

You're using a java client, which probably closes it's side of the tcp connection
when it gets an invalid auth.

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear in my original message, I am using my own
home-rolled pure python client. it apparently has a bug in that it does not close
the tcp connection after authorization failure, but just goes on and opens another
socket and tries again.

The point of my report is that at least with xmlblaster 1.2, xmlblaster does not
close its side of the tcp socket either.

I can't use 1.3 or svn checkout because it dies in doSend (see other posted
messages about that).

I'm more worried about doSend not working than anything else.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com