Re: [xmlblaster] History Queue Plugin Issue

Hi Jonathan,

The specific topic configuration is done by a publish:

http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/interface.publish.html

I think your RAM based topic came to existence with an initial RAM configuration
to this topic (oid) during first publish.

You can't change the history queue plugin implementation dynamically for an existing topic,
the only way is to delete and recreate the topic.
But it is possible to change the size of a history queue by an administrative
message (or in xmlBlaster.properties on startup).

This script shows some details, you can try it on command line:

============ adminPublish.xml START ===========
<!--
This example sends an administrative message: a reconfiguration for the topic properties.

  java javaclients.script.XmlScript -requestFile adminPublish.xml
-->

<xmlBlaster>

 <connect/>

 <input message="Hit a key to pubish with RAM history queue # "/>
 <publish>
    <key oid="Hello"/>
    <content>Hi</content>
    <qos>
       <topic>
         <queue relating='history' type='RAM' version='1.0'/>
       </topic>
    </qos>
 </publish>

<input message="Hit a key to publish administrative with CACHE history queue # "/>
<publish>
<qos>
<priority>9</priority>
<administrative/>
<topic readonly='false' destroyDelay='-1' createDomEntry='true'>
<queue relating='history' type='CACHE' version='1.0'
maxEntriesCache='1009' maxEntries='1009' maxBytesCache='100000' maxBytes='100000'/>
</topic>
</qos>
</publish>

 <disconnect />
</xmlBlaster>
============ adminPublish.xml END ===========

You can create a dump on the xmlBlaster server command line with

d /tmp/dump.xml

and see how the topic configuration changes, but NOT the queue implementation.

Clark, Jonathan wrote:
Marcel,
I've run into a problem that I'm hoping you can help me on. I've got 2 different kinds of topics that are being published on a given domain. The first kind of topic is a heartbeat that is generated every 15 seconds by a plugin. The oid on all of the heartbeat messages is the same. The second kind of topic is generated by an external
client that generates messages based on outside input. These topics have different oids although there are often several updates for a given oid. The
problem that I've run into is that the 2nd kind of topic is supposed to be persistent, but the history queue is not getting written to the database. In researching
the problem, I've found that the history queue is using the cache plugin for the first kind of topic, but is using the ram plugin for the second kind of topic
which is why it doesn't get written to the database. However, I don't see anything in the configuration files that would indicate that these kind of topics would
use different plugins for the history queue. Any thoughts on where to look?
Thanks,
Jonathan Clark
Open Roads Consulting, Inc.
757-546-3401