Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Sending Objects?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Marcel Ruff wrote:

>>>Does XMLBlaster send objects or just XML?
>>>thanks,
>>>Mark
>>>

>> I think, xmlBlaster manage only XML messages.
>> So, perhaps you have to encapsulate en XML view of your object,
>> then extract back for instanciation.
>>
>> Perhaps some library exists
>> that can create a XML form of object
>> in Standard way like SOAP or XML-Rpc without their transport support ?
>>
>> Cyrille
>
>xmlBlaster sends its content as a "byte[]", "blob" or "any" (in CORBA
>jargon) or "unsigned char[]" (in C/C++).
>So you can send anything in the content, for example Java objects
>gif images, xml strings, numbers, Python scripts, toaster, washing
>machines, a bottle of beer (to my destination please) ...
>
>The key is a string only, containing xml markup meta information about
>what is lurking aroung in its content.

Mark,

remeber the question about BLOB's in Xindice or dbXML earlier in this list
or xindice-list?

That's why I'm wrapping the message content in xindice persistence driver
(which will be committed later today) with <![CDATA[ ]]> like follws:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<content><![CDATA[Hello world
]]></content>

This will cover 99% of all content data I hope. An approach to better
coverage could be a storage dependent of the mimetype of the message.

regards

Heinrich