[xmlblaster-devel] Re: Browser callbacks with XMLBlaster

Ben Cox wrote:

Thanks, that was indeed it! I got it working now. I've even written my own little application to handle incoming messages about the state of , though figuring out how everything worked, especially the XML parser, was a bit of a bear. Isn't there an easier way to debug Javascript?
I am really impressed with your product, but I have to say that there isn't enough actual usage documentation. Each feature is documented well, and I have to admit I like that approach, but there isn't yet a Users Guide that goes into any detail. I kind of have to fish around to answer any question... is there a plan and/or someone working on more doc?

Plans yes, volunteers not so many, but i know the missing UserGuide is a pain.
I have to admint, the main reason we haven't set up a user guide
that the only portable and open format i know of is the XML based docbook,
but this takes time to understand all those xml tags.
If anybody comes up with a nice technic which is
- simple
- open/free
- runs on Linux/Windows ...
- is probably xml based
- allows to generate HTML / PDF etc
we could setup the 'table of content' and then step
by step fill the chapters with meat.

Also, would you ever considered moving the project to an open source development server like Sourceforge? I suspect that both usage and the active participation of other developers would increase.

What do the others on this mailing list think about Sourceforge? Currently i like our solution but probably i'm wrong.

regards,

Marcel

Thank you,

    Ben

Marcel Ruff wrote:

Ben Cox wrote:

So far I've tried accessing:
http://<myhost>:8080/xmlBlaster/dhtml/systemInfo/systemInfo.html?ActionType=login&xmlBlaster.loginName=karl&xmlBlaster.passwd=secret

with three browsers: Netscape 7.0 on FreeBSD in Linux Emulation, and Netscape 7.2 and Internet Explorer 6.0 on Windows 98 Second Edition. Not a single one worked, and it said to contact you if they didn't! Can you help?
Thanks in advance,

   Ben

Hi Ben,

does it work with your browser on www.xmlBlaster.org?
If yes, your browsers are OK, and the setup of the tomcat is not correct.
(I believe it is currently not working with IE6.0)
To track down your problem i need to know how you started all components
and the log files,

regards,

Marcel