Re: [xmlblaster-devel] reconfiguring topics

Ross Jekel wrote:

Erasing is fine. I was changing things like history queue size. Also,
what is best practice, to send the administrative topic config message
from publishing applications or to configure the queues separately?

This depends, if the publisher is primitive (for example a simple C based
publisher in a wind speed device) if could be adviceable to create the
topics as an adminitrative task.
There is a 'StartupTasks' native scripting plugin which you can activate for such things, see
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/admin.startupTasks.html
Note this is beta code and not a lot tested yet.

If your publisher is a clever backend server it may well create the topics
itself on the fly.

About administrative topic creation please see
http://www.xmlblaster.org/xmlBlaster/doc/requirements/interface.publish.html
and search for <administrative/>

regards,
Marcel