To: <xmlblaster-devel at server.xmlblaster.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [xmlblaster-devel] Getting Cluster Information ...

Arghad Arnaout wrote:
OK Marcel:
nodeInfo.getConnectQosData();
the visibility of this method is not public, it is with default visibility, so I could not use it from outside of the package org.xmlBlaster.engine.cluster
so can we put it as public, or it should stay with the default visibility ...
It is now public,

Marcel
Thanx again
ARGHAD

On 4/22/06, *Marcel Ruff* <mr at marcelruff.info <mailto:mr at marcelruff.info>> wrote:

    Arghad Arnaout wrote:
    > Hallo Marcel:
    >
    > Would you please to tell me how I can use NodeInfo Class to get
    the IP
    > and the Port of the node ??
    nodeInfo.getConnectQosData().getAddress().getRawAddress();

    should return something like

      socket://192.168.1.1:7607

<http://heron.mycomp.com>
> <http://heron.mycomp.com>]'>
>
> and the ClusterManager could subscribe on topics starting
> with '__sys__cluster.node' (or easier just intercept it in
> RequestBroker.java)
> and reconfigure itself.
> This needs to be looked at in more detail and there are
certainly some
> subtle issues popping up during coding but generally it
should work.

> If you gonna code it you are welcome to contribute
> it to xmlBlaster,
>
> regards
> Marcel
>

> Arghad Arnaout wrote:
> > Hallo Marcel:
> > you wrote
> > " In fact it was/is planned that each cluster node
information is a
> > message so we
> > can dynamically reconfigure cluster nodes, but this approach
> needs some
> > lines of code to be added, "
> >
> > So would you please to explain that ??!!
> > How we can implement that to configure the cluster node
dynamically
> > ... ????
> >
> > Thank you ..
> >
> > ARGHAD
> >
> > On 4/17/06, *Marcel Ruff* < mr at marcelruff.info
<mailto:mr at marcelruff.info>
> <mailto:mr at marcelruff.info <mailto:mr at marcelruff.info>>
> > <mailto: mr at marcelruff.info <mailto:mr at marcelruff.info>
<mailto:mr at marcelruff.info <mailto:mr at marcelruff.info>>>> wrote:

> > Arghad Arnaout wrote:
> > > Hallo everybody:
> > >
> > > OK .. regarding to the business requirements, we
need to know
> > and see
> > > the information of all xmlBlaster nodes in
xmlBlaster Cluster,
> > > so my design to solve this issue in xmlBlaster
Environment is
> > like the
> > > following:
> > >
> > > I designed such a plugin that runs at each node of the
> cluster and
> > > this plugin publishes the information about the current
> node under a
> > > specific topic, so what I need to do from the client
side
> just
> > to get
> > > the messages under this topic (using get() or
subscribe()).